analysis and results

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
rasha attia

analysis and results

Post by rasha attia »

1- how can i get the moment curvature curve for the building?

2- how can i define the shear modulus for concrete ?

3- what's the difference between inelastic force based plastic hinge frame method and inelastic force based frame element ,and if inelastic force based frame element take plastic hinge calculation in account or not ??how i can see these results (it's position)

4- what's the meaning of
a: transition of curve shape calibrating coefficient A1 ,A2 ,A3 and A4.

thanks
rasha attia

Re: analysis and results

Post by rasha attia »

1- how can i know if the failure due to shear or fracture failure?? (shape of curve)
2- how i know the critical shear force that makes the sample crack??(on the curve and definition)
3-should i assign the yield (performance criteria ) to the lower element of the shear walls only ?? why
4- how i assign the yield (performance criteria ) (beams and frames) in frames ??
5- how can i determine the failure mode of the structure through performance criteria ??
rasha attia

Post by rasha attia »

what's the difference between inelastic force based plastic hinge frame method and inelastic force based frame element ,and if inelastic force based frame element take plastic hinge calculation in account or not ??how i can see these results (it's position)
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Hello Rasha,
Note that the current forum is a forum on Seismosoft's program, rather than a general purpose earthquake engineering forum.
Further, being a small company, Seismosoft cannot provide free personalised and detailed help to our thousands users.
Most of your questions above are general questions on earthquake engineering, rather than questions on the usage of our software, and should better discussed with your supervisor. Finally, please read well the user manual, so that you make specific questions on specific subjects about our programs.

Seismosoft Support
rasha attia

Post by rasha attia »

how i know the units of moment curvature curve ??(curvature)
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

The curvature units are always 1/length.
Please try to post in the forum questions on the programs.These questions are better dicussed with your supervisor.

Seismosoft Support
rezalatifi

Post by rezalatifi »

Dear All,

Please let me know is it possible to perform dynamic time-history analysis or adaptive pushover analysis with SeismoBuild v2020? (the same as SeismoStruct).
huffte

Post by huffte »

From the SeismoBuild Help System:

'SeismoBuild is a Finite Element package for structural assessment, capable of carrying out all the Code defined checks, taking into account both geometric nonlinearities and material inelasticity. . . . eigenvalue and pushover analysis are supported'.

SeismoStruct does extremely well at each of the following:

Eigenvalue analysis
Static analysis (non-variable load)
Static pushover analysis
Static adaptive pushover analysis
Static time-history analysis
Dynamic time-history analysis
Incremental dynamic analysis
Response spectrum analysis
Buckling analysis (new in the 2020 version)
Tim Huff
fsapostolou

Re: MODE SHAPES TO CALCULATE PARTICIPATION FACTORS

Post by fsapostolou »

Hello,

In the programme "Seismobuild" is it possible not to take the mass of the basement floor ( -1) into account when conducting Eigenvalue Analysis?

Thanks in advance for your help!
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear fsapostolou,

Such an option is not available. You may not model the basement floor.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”