Hi
I used Seismosignal v3.2.0.
This version become expire.
can you help me.
bye.
seismosoft

Re: unload from memory a software monitor program

Post by seismosoft »

please refer to topic 'License not valid', found in 'SeismoSignal' -> '01-Installation of new versions'..

SeismoSoft Support
fcastival

Post by fcastival »

when I install sel seismosignal it leaves me
"a software monitor program seems to be running in your sistem please unload it from memory on restart your program"
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

This means that you are running (intentionally or not) a background application that monitors your software, and which thus conflicts with the license protection algorithm of Seismosoft programs:

A) If you have intentionally installed such application, then simply disable it or uninstall it.

B) If you do not recall ever carrying out such installation, then you may:
- run an anti-spyware program (e.g. Spybot or AdAware) to try to identify and remove suspicious apps that might be causing the problem you have experienced
- run a system scan with your anti-virus software (e.g. AVG Free)
- clean your system and registry with CCleaner (sections 'Clean' and 'Problems')

C) If the above does not work, try to:
- go to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and uninstall any suspicious applications you may find there
- run 'Start->Run->Msconfig' and disable the startup of any app/service that might seem suspicious (use google to try to understand what a given app/service is there for)

D) as a last resort, disable the startup of Process Explorer (procexp.exe), a Microsoft/Sysinternals program that has been found in the past to give rise to the sort of problems you describe.

Ok, we hope the above is comprehensive enough. Do let us know if any of these suggestions do solve your problems (this will be useful for other users).

Seismosoft Support
gm30uk

Post by gm30uk »

The university where I work uses a software call Deep Freeze on its public access computers to maintain daily consistency of the software and to protect against malware/viruses and hence causes the same error
"a software monitor program seems to be running in your sistem please unload it from memory on restart your program" which IS required.

How do we get round this problem in this situation?
Any help would be much appreciated.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Dear gm30uk,

The license management external library used in Seismosoft applications does indeed identify background monitoring applications as possibly malicious.

We will try to discover if there is some setting that we can change on our end that will exclude Deep Freeze from such checks.

We also suggest you to enquire with your IT staff on the possibility of rendering Deep Freeze "invisible" to Seismosoft apps.

Seismosoft Support
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

The next release of SeismoSignal, due some time in March, should overcome this problem.

Seismosoft Support

Return to “01-Installation of new versions”